Semi-permanent eyelash extensions are a great way to achieve a natural or glamorous set of longer, fuller-looking lashes without the need for mascara or lash curlers. They come in a variety of lengths, thicknesses and curls so different looks can be achieved.
They very closely resemble natural lashes and are individually applied to the natural lashes using an adhesive bond which keeps the extension attached to the natural lash until it falls out at the end of its life cycle (with the extension attached to it). This process is what classifies this treatment as 'semi-permanent'. They can last anywhere between four to eight weeks or can be ongoing with regular infill appointments and correct aftercare. To keep lash extensions looking full, it is recommended to have them infilled and maintained every 2-3 weeks, as we lose natural lashes regularly and infills are designed to replace the lashes lost in that period.
It takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to apply a Classic full set, depending on the density of the individual's natural lashes.
Full Set (120 Mins)
Taster Set (60 Mins)
30 Min Infill*
60 Min Infill*
75 Min Infill*
Russian Volume Lashes
60 Min Infill*
90 Min infill*
**There must be at least 50% of lashes left on each eye to be classed as an infill session - anything less will be charged at the required full set.
At an infill appointment, please arrive with squeakly clean lashes as any residual products on the lashes will affect retention and time spent cleaning lashes will be deducted from the time booked to infill.
The following aftercare advice is recommended to get maximum longevity from your newly applied lash extensions:
- MOST IMPORTANT TIP! Clean your lash extensions daily - lashes protect the eyes from dirt, debris, bacteria and various other organisms that live on and around the eye area. If the lashes are not kept clean, eye infections can occur such as Blepharitis. Blepharitis is inflammation of the rims of the eyelids, which causes them to become red and swollen. Special lash and eyelid foaming cleansers and brushes are available to purchase as part of your daily lash care routine. Baby shampoo is also a great alternative due to its PH friendly ingredients.
- Avoid sleeping on your lashes - laying with your face in the pillow will cause stress on the adhesive bond and cause premature loss of extensions. Instead, lay on your back or side with your eyes "hanging" off the edge of the pillow.
- Avoid using mascara on lash extensions (particularly waterproof). There are a few reasons for this: 1) they compromise the retention and longevity of the extensions which will require infills more frequently than usual; 2) it can potentially ruin the quality and look of the lash extensions; and 3) more time will need to be spent cleaning and preparing the lashes during an infill session which will leave less time for infilling.
- Avoid using lash curlers - these will put stress on the adhesive bond and cause premature loss of extensions.
- Avoid using oily products on or around the eye area - oils break down the adhesive bond therefore affecting lash retention.
- Avoid the temptation to pick, twist or pull the lash extensions off - this can be uncomfortable if the natural lash is not yet ready to naturally shed and will create temporary gaps in the lash line and follicle trauma, which can also cause permanent damage to the growth of the lash. Always get lash extensions professionally removed or allow them to fall out when they are ready.
Lash extensions can be kept ongoing indefinitely with regular infills every 2-3 weeks for Classic Lashes and approximately 3-4 weeks for Russian Volume Lashes. Having a break from extensions is not necessary as is commonly thought. The natural lashes shed approximately every 90 days so are regularly growing (Anagen phase), transitioning from growth to rest (Catagen phase) and eventually falling out (Telogen phase) which can take as long as 100 days from the Catagen phase to happen. Each lash is at its own stage so there may be occasions where several lashes are lost at once and sometimes only the odd few.
Lash extensions do not cause the natural lashes to fall out as also is commonly believed. As long as lash technicians use the correct length and thickness of extension to suit the wearer's natural lashes, together with correct and precise application, no damage to the natural lashes will occur.